The 2013 SCCS-Australia conference was held between 21 - 31 January 2013 and the closing date for applications to attend was 14th September 2012.
We have places for a maximum of 100 delegates. A successful online application does not guarantee a place at the conference. If you are offered a place and want to come to the conference you need to take notice of the deadlines listed because we will offer your place to someone more interested in coming if you do not reply.
We will not send out reminder emails. It is up to you to note the dates and to keep checking your emails including your junk mail box.
For the 2013 conference timeline please see below (next conference will follow a similar course):
Some of the dates given below are a guideline and can vary by a day or two.
2012 IMPORTANT DATES
- 29 June: the online application process opens.
- 14 September: the online application process is closed.
- 15-29 September: all applications are considered by the selection committee.
- 1-8 October: emails are sent to all applicants with result of their application. Successful applicants will be invited to register for the conference. If you have not received an email from us with the result of your application by 12 October you should check your junk mail box first and then get in touch with us. Please do not contact us to check the status of your application prior to 12 October.
- 5 October: applicants offered a scholarship must respond if they wish to accept the offer.
- 12 October: applicants offered a talk place must respond if they wish to present their talk.
- 12 October: all applicants must have completed registration, including submitting payments for conference registration fee and payment for accommodation. Receipts are sent for all payments received. If you have not submitted your registration form and fee before this date you will lose your place at the conference. If you have a valid reason for delay then you must email to let us know.
- 15 October: if you requiring a visa to visit Australia you should apply to the Australian visa authority in your country NOW.
- 5 November onwards: the places of applicants who have not registered in time will be offered to other applicants and those on the waiting list.
- 7 November onwards: any accommodation not taken up will be offered to delegates who have paid their registration fee and who are on the waiting list.
- 18 December onwards: we will email arrival and conference information to you plus a map of The University of Queensland. Further information is available on the 'Getting Here' page of this website.
- 18 December: the final SCCS programme will be on the website.
2013 IMPORTANT DATES
- 21 - 31 January: Conference, workshop and field trip program.